Friday, December 26, 2008

Close Call

I came in tonight to check on the tank and feed the classroom pets. After running the tests I found the pH had jumped to 8.8 and my ammonia was 2.0-3.0 ppm. I quickly reduced the pH and added the stress-zyme. When I first came in and turned on the lights they were all on the bottom...very still. After I reduced the pH and added the stress-zyme they became more active. I'm not sure if it was because of the pH reducer or the fish getting used to light but they looked a lot better than when I got here.

1 comment:

April Pulley Sayre said...

Hello Bill, trout hatchers, and students, I am glad you like my book, Trout Are Made of Trees!
I enjoy exploring aquatic biology. My favorite occupation is figuring out which dragonfly naiad is which.
Warm Regards,
April Pulley Sayre
www.aprilsayre.com
Trout, Trout, Trout: a Fish Chant
Trout Are Made of Trees
Vulture View