We meant to write an update last week but most of us have been devastated by the loss of fish during break. Everything in the tank was running properly and the water readings were great. I came in the day before xmas eve to feed the fish only to find a major fish loss. The filter stopped working which caused the ammonia levels to soar off the charts. It took several days to get the ammonia levels down and get the filter operating. We would gladly accept any other donations of fish from schools who might think they will have too many for the size of the tank
We completed some sketching, colorization and trout identification in the U.S. with Mr. Brooks and Mr. Andrews twice before break. Currently, we have about 10 fish left. They are well over an inch (we measured them through the glass during math). Their spots are darker and more defined. We have noticed that some of the fish still have a small bump on their stomach.
Mr. Brooks' third grade class