If you like what we do, consider lending your support!
1. Online Donations, any-time: The Cayuga Lake Floating Classroom is an affiliate project of the Center for Transformative Action. Tax-deductible donations can be made online HERE.
2. By check, payable to "CTA - Floating Classroom". Mail to CTA, 119 Anabel Taylor Hall, Ithaca, New York, 14853.
$30 - buys waders or other equipment for student stream studies.
$100 - pays for annual equipment maintenance for one school.
$500 - sponsors one year of Trout in the Classroom, at your favorite school!
If you wish to specifically support one or more Ithaca City School District schools, we also have an affiliation with Ithaca STEM Advocates! You may donate by check or online via their website!
* Feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Classroom mentors are needed!! Trout in the Classroom seeks to place a community mentor wtih each participating class. Mentors don't need special knowledge- just a love for the natural world and a desire to encourage young people to learn about their world. Training and support for mentors is provided! Contact email@example.com if interested!
We also encourage other organizations and professionals to take advantage of the presence of living trout in the classroom environment. Science and art presentations are almost always welcome, and we can connect you with a grateful teacher.
3. MATERIAL DONATIONS
Environmental science and art-related materials can be very helpful, although we appreciate an opportunity to discuss material donations before receiving them. The following items are in high demand:
- hip waders and water shoes (in good condition)
- field science equipment, including kick nets, D-nets, etc.
- aquarium stands and equipment (for 40-50 gallon tanks)
- digital cameras